Monday, March 21, 2011

A well-fitting jacket + a Vera Bradley teapot

Since I'm spending my spring break at home in cold, dreary suburban New York (it SNOWED this morning!), one of the most enjoyable ways to spend the time continues to be shopping. And since I hardly ever fit in anything I like, I never end up spending obscene amounts of money (one of the advantages of being petite!).

I've been on the hunt for a well-fitting, simple spring jacket. And where did I finally find one? H&M, of course! The quality is nothing spectacular, but I knew I wouldn't be able to find a better-fitting jacket anywhere else:

Jacket: H&M, sz 2 (in stores now)
Tee: Banana Republic, XS
Jeans: Abercrombie sz 14 kids, ancient!
Boots: Ralph Lauren, sz 5

I didn't wear a scarf in the picture so you could get a better look at the jacket, but I feel like this outfit is naked without one! The canvas-y, thick cotton jacket  fits well around the waist and its length is perfect, although the arms could be a bit shorter (for reference- I'm 31-25-34). It's good for that awkward too-warm-for-a-coat, too-cold-to-go-without-one season, especially if you're like me and don't like wearing sweatshirts when it can be avoided.

Where did you find your spring jacket?

On the same day I bought this jacket, I also stopped by our local Simpson & Vail tea shop with my mom and brother to pick up some specialty green tea. And who was the tea for? My 14-yr-old brother! Ever since his tae-kwon-do black belt ceremony, he's had a taste for green tea. I thought this was a bit peculiar, but as we were walking in, we walked right by another young boy in a martial arts uniform. Go figure!

As soon as we walked in the door, I spotted THIS lovely item:



A Vera Bradley tea pot! In Pinwheel Pink, nonetheless! The recovering Vera Bradley addict inside me couldn't resist. It was just too pretty, plus it was on sale for $15.

And I have the bag to match:

I'm not sure where I'm going to keep this pretty pot. At school, I live in a teeny house with 6 girl friends, and anything in our kitchen is bound to break. I never really use teapots either, but now I'm inspired to!

Hope your weather is better than New York's,
*ShortBlonde*

3 comments:

kSm said...

What an adorable teapot! So jealous. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one :)

Harper said...

oh my gosh oh my gosh that teapot is so ADORABLE! pinwheel pink is my favorite pattern and I bought a ridiculous amount of it right when it went on clearance on the website, so gorgeous!

Prepster Royalty

Me said...

Lol! about your brother and the tea! That is an adorable tea pot! Can you store it at your parent's for safe-keeping until after college?

Cute jacket! Spring jackets are not a necessity in Vegas, so the only one I currently own that would be in that category is a oop from LOFT...their oop and xxs jackets fit great! I have three winter jackets that fit nicely: James Perse, Free People, and American Eagle.